domingo, 30 de março de 2014

Still in the red

Just finished the Miami Open final between Djoker and Nadal.Ended up down 40% of my stake.A few things I've noticed:

  • Although I thought I had a well defined strategy,I've now realized that I dont and I have to tweak it a little bit.Its profitable as it is but with some minor adjustments it can take my ROI to new hights;
  • From the mental point of view I think it was very good.Spent most of the game calm,focused and emotionless,apart from a few moments when I felt a tad bit nervous;
  • Pretty happy with my risk control and bank protection actions during the second set.At a point I had 2 choices to open a position,one with higher risk/ higher reward and a safer less profitable approach,both depending in the same match outcome.As I was in the red already,I took the less risky approach.And Im glad I did it as it turned out to be a looser.Had it went my way and I woul have been in the green at the end of the second set.A week or so ago I would have been in the 100% plus red zone.So its a win for me here;
  • Im happy with the way I handed the close points to my trades.Some "let it run" thoughts crossed my mind at some point,but I was able to supress them;
  • Still have to put some thought into the "when to green up" dilemma;
Will work on these points tomorrow.Im not going to be able to trade tomorrow and I want to be cautious cos WTA is a new challenge for me.

Not the greatest start of all time to a blog about winning money but it will have to do :)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário